This is a contributed post and contains affiliate links
The season of spending long and hot afternoons in the garden is finally upon us, and you may be beginning to think about hosting a few parties so that you can socialize with your friends and family. However, after a long winter, your home and garden might be in need of a little “TLC” due to neglect in the colder weather. It’s understandable that you want your home in tip-top shape before inviting guests over, so take a look at these tips on how to get your home summer party ready.
Spruce up the Garden:
With this glorious weather, it’s likely that you’ll be spending a ton of time in your garden with your guests, lapping up as much of the sun as possible. So, you’ll ideally want to have your garden looking it’s best in time for your get-togethers. Take a look at these ideas on how to spruce up the garden quickly:
- Pot some fresh flowers to instantly add color to your garden. It will also attract more bees to pollinate the rest of your garden too.
- Buy some sails or a gazebo for your garden so that there’s always an area of shade for you and your guests to sit under. There’s nothing worse than not being able to relieve yourself from the hot sun for a little while!
- Buy garden ornaments to dot around your garden to add character and personalization.
- If you’re going for a more tranquil theme in your garden, consider adding a focal point like a gentle water feature or a bird bath.
- Repaint the shed and any other structures to freshen up your garden instantly.
You don’t have to do major work to your garden to have it ready and looking great for your guests, so consider making smaller changes to really transform your garden!
Renew Details in the Bathroom:
One room that all of your guests will visit at least once is your bathroom. When cold beverages are flowing it’s all too easy to find yourself nipping off to the toilet. That’s why it’s important to renew some of the details in your bathroom so that you can wow your guests with your lovely home. If you’re planning on completely remodeling your bathroom, we recommend you take a look at https://kitchensacramento.com/bathroom-remodeling-guide-tips/ for the best tips and tricks. However, if you’re looking for some quick changes that you could be making, then why not consider renewing your shower curtain, or changing your taps for a brand new look for a fraction of the price? Buy a new bathroom set to give the room a whole new look, pair it will a good scrub and your bathroom will look as good as new!
Declutter the Kitchen:
Another room that will be used a lot is your kitchen, due to the fact that you’re serving food and drinks. While your kitchen might not need redoing, it might be looking a little sad. Sometimes, the best transformations come from decluttering a room and giving it a deep clean. Try this and you’ll soon notice how amazing your kitchen looks! You could treat yourself to some new artwork for your kitchen walls to add something else for your guests to admire.
Impress Your Guests with a New Design Feature:
There’s no better feeling than making something yourself and being able to show it off to your guests, so why not do exactly that? Take a look at these easy-to-make design features that your guests will just love:
- A bar to serve your drinks from, and this can be done either inside or outside of your home! Don’t forget to add a fridge to keep everything cool!
- An outside seating area. Seats can be made from pretty much anything, so get creative and see what you can come up with!
- A brick BBQ/pizza oven. The perfect way to spend as much time outside as possible and impress your guests!
Update Smaller Details to Make a Big Impact:
Finally, we’ve mentioned making smaller changes quite a lot, so why not use this idea for your whole home? Things like giving your walls a lick of paint, or changing the door handles make more difference than you may think! Check out this list of small changes that make a big impact at home and see what tickles your fancy!
Following these tips and tricks will have your home ship shape in no time. Enjoy the glorious summer!